The information below was taken from the latest newsletter by HealthWatch North East Lincolnshire.
“The Good Neighbours Project in North East Lincs has reached a pivotal point. It is two years since the Big Lottery bid was submitted and limited further funding has been provided since that time. The Partnership has continued to develop with a focus on practical activity in specific areas of the Borough.
The Older People – Ageing Better event will review:
- governance arrangements to include:
- the board holding the ring on delivery of the recommendations in the reports detailed below
- the potential development of a charter / MOI between partners
- the development of a Good Neighbours forum and other mechanisms to ensure the project is older people led
- the proposed Reaching Communities bid
- The Good Neighbours vision and strategy, its relationship to work on loneliness and isolation; and the developments pursued by the HWBB including how to address the recommendations from both
- DPH Ageing Better report
- Loneliness and Social Isolation workshop
- evaluating progress to date and developing practical local delivery through new ways of working together
The impact of loneliness and social isolation on both emotional wellbeing and physical health cannot be underestimated and so it requires stakeholders to continue to come together to identify new ways forward.
They would like representatives from groups and organisations to attend this session as your contributions and support is valuable and important in moving forward”.
The event will take place on Tuesday 31st January at Centre4 Community Centre, 17A Wootton Rd, Grimsby DN33 1HE from 08:15am until 13:30pm.
Please let Donna Blakey know if you will be able to attend by emailing her at Donna.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, give her a call on 01472 325 414.